1. 100 Top Hospital. Only one hospital in Madison was named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics in 2015: Meriter Hospital.
2. More babies than anyone else. We are proud to welcome more babies than any other hospital in Wisconsin. And, we also offer specialized care for high-risk pregnancies in our Center for Perinatal Care and advanced care for infants in our state-of-the-art Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
3. We specialize in matters of the heart. Our heart team is among the best in the nation, combining cutting-edge technology with compassionate care. Meriter was the only Madison hospital named High Performing for heart failure care by US News and World Report’s 2015 rankings.
5. The food is great. We grow many herbs and veggies onsite to bring you healthy, local food options. Stop by on Wednesday afternoons in the summer to visit a farmer’s market at the hospital entrance and grab a hot (or iced) coffee at Dr. Joe Coffee Clinic.
6. What the community needs. We are proud to be Madison’s only community health system and the only place offering needed community services, like Dane County’s only Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program, the region’s only Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Hospital and a homeless outreach medicine program.
7. We give you options. Your choice is important to us. We partner with a variety of local health providers, including UW Health, Turville Bay MRI and Radiation Oncology Center and many independent practices to coordinate care around you. Plus, we accept most commercial insurance.
8. You can’t beat the view. No one wants to be hospitalized, but if you have to be, you can’t beat the view of beautiful downtown Madison, Lake Monona and Lake Wingra.
9. Ready 24/7. Our topnotch ER team is available 24/7 and current ER wait times are posted on meriter.com. Plus, we offer a Pediatric After Hours clinic in the evenings and on weekends, and most of our primary care clinics have extended hours so you can get care on your schedule.
10. Let us handle the parking. We are proud to offer valet parking at the main entrance to make it easier for you and your visiting loved ones throughout your stay with us.
11. We come to you. If you don’t live in the Madison area but still need expert care, we can come to you. Many of our specialists travel throughout the region to bring expert care where you need it most.
12. Dedicated nursing staff. Our nurses work hard to take care of you and make your staff as comfortable as possible. We are very proud that Meriter nurses are getting noticed by their peers for compassionate, community-focused care by Madison Magazine’s Top Nurses 2014.