Adapted from EveryDay with Rachael Ray
Makes 4 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk (you can also use 2/3 cup skim/1% milk mixed with 2 teaspoons vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 3 tbsp. juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 head romaine (or any other type of greens you have on hand), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 small red onion (or you could use green onions), thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 3-4 salad turnips, cut-up (optional)
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
2. In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, olive oil, thyme, lemon zest and juice; season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with half of the buttermilk mixture.
3. Thread chicken onto 8 skewers. Grill, turning frequently, until cooked through and browned in spots, 13 to 15 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, cucumber, onion and grapes. Drizzle with the remaining buttermilk mixture; season. Serve the salad with the kebabs