Meriter Medical Group provides one of the best patient experiences in the state, according to a new report from the Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality (WCHQ).
“At Meriter, we strive to make sure each patient and their family receives the best possible care on every level,” said Dr. Pam Wetzel, Senior Medical Director of Meriter Medical Group. “It’s not only about clinical excellence; it’s about making sure we’re taking care of the whole person and being a trusted partner in their care.”
Meriter Medical Group, a group of more than 120 specialty and primary physicians who practice at Meriter Hospital and clinics, was ranked first or second in the state in every category measured. It was the only medical group in Wisconsin to consistently rank so highly.
- Follow-up on test results-96.0% (Highest reported score in the state)
- Willingness to recommend-93.7% (Highest reported score in the state)
- Getting timely appointments, care & information-77.4% (Highest reported score in the state)
- How well providers communicate-92.7% (Second highest reported score in the state)
- Helpful, courteous and respectful office staff-94.7% (Second highest reported score in the state)
- Rating the provider “9” or “10” on a 0-10 scale-85.1% (Second highest reported score in the state)
The data was collected from patient responses to surveys in an outpatient setting. Scores indicate the percentage of patients who reported the best possible experience in each category, using the Clinician & Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CG-CAHPS) survey about the patients’ most recent visit to their provider. The full report can be found on www.wchq.org.