Meriter volunteers complement our dedicated staff by enhancing the quality of health care provided to our patients. We celebrate our wonderful volunteers during National Volunteer Week, April 21 – April 27, 2013. Below are some impressive statistics about our great team of volunteers.
- A total of 731 volunteers provided over 69,809 hours of service to Meriter in 2012.
- One of our many knitters made over 558 newborn caps last year for our Birthing Center.
- Last year, one of our volunteers spent 1,115 hours volunteering.
- One of our friendly volunteers, at the hospital lobby Information Desk, has provided over 4,290 hours of service since 1998.
- Our youngest volunteer is 14 years old, and our eldest volunteer just turned 95 years old.
If you are interested in volunteering at Meriter, our Volunteer Services staff can work with you to select a volunteer placement that meets your interests and availability. Learn more about volunteering at Meriter!