Meriter Medical Group is proud to welcome Dr. Derek Clevidence. Dr. Clevidence will practice at Meriter West Washington, until he relocates to Meriter Monona upon its opening this fall.
Education and Board Certification:
• American Board of Family Medicine
• 2000, Residency in Family Medicine, Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL
• 1997, M.D., University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
• 1995, Ph.D., Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
• 1989, B.A. Biology, with Honors, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
Dr. Clevidence believes a successful relationship between patient and physician is based on open communication. His patients appreciate the time he takes to delve into their history and make a proper diagnosis. He describes his role of physician as problem-solver for some, consultant for others, and manager for many. He is dedicated to creating treatment plans that are in his patients’ best interest, and also wants patients to be comfortable discussing and implementing them. Dr. Clevidence’s patients have long been impressed by his casual style yet professional approach to medicine.