Compliments of Woman’s Day. Recommended by Karen Boehme, Meriter Patient Food Service Manager.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 4 (5-oz) cod fillets, (3/4- to 1-in. thick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut away the peel and white pith of 2 oranges and cut into segments. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into a measuring cup. Squeeze the juice of the remaining orange into the measuring cup (you should have about ¾ cup of juice total).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Season the fish with 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper and cook until golden brown and opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
- Return the onions to the skillet along with the orange juice and bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced by half. Add the orange segments and cook until heated through. Serve over the cod.