- Cooking spray
- 1.25 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 large mango, finely diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Season chicken with garlic powder and black pepper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients. Place the chicken in a large plastic storage bag. Pour marinade over tenderloins and coat well. Seal bag and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
3. Spray grill with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
4. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding any remaining marinade. Grill chicken, while turning frequently, for about 25 minutes or until done and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
5. While chicken is grilling, prepare mango salsa. In a small bowl, combine all mango salsa ingredients and mix well.
6. Slice the chicken into about 3/4 inch slices and spread mango salsa evenly over the chicken breasts. Serve along with brown rice for some added whole grains! This recipe serves five people.
Compliments of the MyFoodAdvisor American Diabetes Association