The Meriter Medical Group is proud to welcome Dr. Sean Yetman, Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
“When the patient forgets that I am their surgeon and considers me a friend, I’ve succeeded.”
Education and Certification:
• 2010, Aortic Surgery Fellowship, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
• 2009, Cardiothoracic Fellowship, University of Rochester/Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY
• 2006, Surgical Residency, New York Methodist Hospital, New York, NY
• 2001, MD, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
• 1996, BS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
Dr. Yetman was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, but his upbringing was highly influenced by his family’s Jamaican heritage. Dr. Yetman was intrigued by medicine and the opportunity to help others from a young age and decided he wanted to be a surgeon at just seven years old.
He is deeply interested in his patients’ full recovery. He is devoted to each patient not only being better, but feeling better too. He makes sure they fully understand their condition and the treatment options available, and then offers a positive environment for their recovery. For Dr. Yetman, it is important that his patients are comfortable and their family is informed throughout the process.
In his free time, Dr. Yetman enjoys all aspects of personal fitness. Most recently, he has become interested in rock climbing.
Dr. Yetman specializes in minimally invasive mitral valve repair and replacement, and complex thoracic aortic surgery. In addition, he performs difficult procedures including coronary artery bypass grafts and ventricular reconstruction for patients experiencing heart failure. He is thrilled to be joining the experienced Cardiothoracic Surgery team of Drs. Ed Adib and Haywood Gilliam.