The Meriter Medical Group is proud to welcome Dr. W. Michael Wilson to Meriter McKee. Dr. Wilson is a Family Medicine physician who can provide primary health care for your entire family.
“It is a privilege to get to know and take care of patients and their families.”
Education and Board Certification:
• American Board of Family Medicine
• 1995, Residency, Mercy Hospital, Janesville, WI
• 1982, Residency, Queen Victoria Medical Center, Melbourne, Australia
• 1981, Residency, Box Hill Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
• 1979, Internship, St. James Hospital, London, England
• 1978, Internship, St. Vincent Medical Center, Melbourne, Australia
• 1976, MD, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Dr. Wilson was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia. His father and grandfather were physicians and he chose a career in medicine due to a strong desire to help people. After completing his MD at the University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia, he then completed his residency and practiced family medicine in Australia before moving to the United States in 1993.
Dr. Wilson believes the ideal relationship between patient and provider is a two-way street. He is happy to educate his patients and finds that he oftentimes learns from them as well. He truly cares about his patients and takes time to listen and fully understand each situation in order to make the most accurate diagnosis.
Dr. Wilson chose Family Medicine for its continuity of care and the opportunity to develop relationships with the entire family. He has been practicing for over 30 years and enjoys providing care for families spanning multiple generations.
In his free time, Dr. Wilson enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, playing tennis and listening to music.