Meriter Classes and Events
Why should I be concerned about falling?
- More than one third of adults 65 or over fall each year
- Among older adults, falls are the leading cause of injury and of hospital admissions for trauma and death
- 35% of people who fall become less active as a result
This program is led by a health professional and lay leader. Local guest experts may also assist by providing information on exercise, vision, safety, and medications.
What you will learn:
The Stepping On workshop meets for two hours a week for seven weeks in which we will focus on:
- Simple and fun balance and strength training
- The role vision plays in keeping your balance
- How medication can contribute to falls
- Ways to stay safe when out and about in your community
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to check your home for safety
How you will benefit:
- Learn to step outside your home with confidence
- Learn with people your own age
- Become more aware of fall hazards and learn how your fall risk can be reduced
- Study the most up-to-date information on falls prevention
- Help others by sharing what has worked for you
Who can benefit?
- Anyone 65 years or older
- Has had a fall in the past year
- Is fearful of falling
- Is living at home
- Not suffering from dementia
Meriter Home Health
2180 West Beltline Hwy.
Madison, WI 53725
Stepping On Schedule:
Starting on Tuesday, May 6
Through Tuesday, June 17
Class will meet weekly for 7 weeks
How to register or for more information:
Please call or email: Liz Kelly-Schultz at (608) 417-3727 or email@example.com
Please note, class size is small and registration will be closed when maximum number is reached.
The cost of the class is $35.00 which will be collected at the 1st class meeting. Checks are to be made payable to: Stepping On
« Return to Previous Page
« Back to Meriter Classes and Events